Friday, January 6, 2012

Sakanaction to perform in Taiwan in February

Sakanaction will be performing in Taiwan in February. It is their second time having an overseas live.

"HighApps", a live event which seeks to introduce the next generation of up and coming artists, is taking place overseas for the first time. Titled "HighApps in Taiwan", there will be two shows, one in TheWALL TAIPEI on 24th Feb (Fri) and one in TheWALL Pier 2 on 25th Feb (Sat). Both are in Taiwan.

Only 3 Japanese rock bands have been slated to perform, namely Sakanaction, LITE, and avengers in sci-fi.

Japanese source
Taiwan event venue website for details and ticket buying (in Mandarin)

I'm happy that Sakanaction is finally getting the chance to expose themselves to overseas crowds. The venue website and event title all seem to put Sakanaction as the headline act as well. Although I'm not sure if they're really popular in Taiwan, this is a really good chance to increase their popularity there. Someone I know who lives in Taiwan told me that TheWALL is a really good venue.

I would love to go myself since air tickets to Taiwan are relatively cheap, Mandarin's my second language, and the ticket prices for this event are insanely reasonable (about 3600 JPY. even cheaper if you buy as a group.). Besides Sakanaction, I really want to see avengers in sci-fi as well, so this is kind of like a perfect event of sorts for me. Unfortunately, I would be busying myself with exams on those days, so yeah...really bad timing clash. However, I would really recommend it to anyone who has the means to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment