Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yamaguchi Ichiro makes surprise appearance in Base Ball Bear's concert

update: news confirmed

I don't have an official source for this. I saw several accounts of it on Sakanaction's 2ch thread, and many more on Twitter have corroborated that this actually took place.

On January 3rd, Base Ball Bear held a live at Nippon Budoukan arena. During the concert, Base Ball Bear sung kimino-me, the song that features Yamaguchi Ichiro. Yamaguchi's part in the song starts after the first chorus, and right after the first chorus during the song's break, it was announced "Special guest! Yamaguchi Ichiro!". Yamaguchi then sang til the song was finished and that was it.

Many people on Twitter have tweeted things like "I have finally seen kimino-me done live with Ichiro-san", "During the BBB live, when I heard Yamaguchi Ichiro sing kimino-me, I cried tears of gratitude", "When Ichiro-san came out during kimino-me, I thought that I would get a nose bleed! I have seen great stuff~" and "I wanted to go to BBB's Budoukan live...I want to hear kimino-me live *cry*".

However, some accounts on 2ch say it wasn't really that great a performance, because Koide Yusuke of Base Ball Bear messed up some of the lyrics before Yamaguchi's parts, and also the microphone that Yamaguchi was using was in bad condition so his voice couldn't be heard clearly.

Whatever it is, I'm still glad to hear kimino-me was done live. Perhaps we'll be able to judge for ourselves in a few months, since I believe there's a DVD release planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment