Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Sakanaction single titled "Yoru no Odoriko"


Just announced yesterday evening during the Sakanaquarium 2012 Zepp Alive tour final leg at ZEPP TOKYO, Sakanaction will release a new single on 29 August 2012, titled "Yoru no Odoriko" (夜の踊り子, meaning dancer of the night).

The song is actually the one used in the Mode School (Mode Gakuen) commercial, airing since approximately 3 months ago around the same time their 5th single, Boku to Hana was announced.

Up til now we have only heard a short cut of the song because of the CM and many fans have been wondering when we would get the song. The announcement came sooner than expected, as Sakanaction usually doesn't release singles so close to each other. In this case, I believe it is because the titular track was already completed even before Boku to Hana released. 

In any case, you can hear the sample of the track again through the CM:

  



I'm really excited for this single as I've been waiting for it since I heard the song in the CM. I tend to really like Sakanaction songs whereby the electronic element is strong.

I'm just not sure it's a good sign that they've been making songs based on what it's tied-up with. Boku to Hana's PV and lyrical content was strongly linked to the drama it was the theme song for; even music-wise, it was rather light, so as to appeal to the masses.

Now, a title like Yoru no Odoriko is clearly linked to the CM as it features a dancer. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing...they could just be drawing inspiration and themes from these tie-ups. I just hope that these tie-ups will not dictate the musical direction...maybe I'm thinking too much of it though. Still looking forward to the single's release, of course.

source

2 comments:

  1. I've been addicted to this track since you posted the CM here so I'm glad we finally got a release date.
    I guess it's time to start saving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too! It's a great tune and yes, I'm saving for it as well :)

      Delete