Tuesday, August 7, 2012

sakanaction to release official band score books

cover artwork

For the first time ever, sakanaction will be releasing official band score books. There will be 2 books released one month apart from each other.

TItled SAKANA ENSEMBLE 2007-2009 and SAKANA ENSEMBLE 2010-2011, the books featuring the music scores of sakanaction's songs will release on 12 Sep 2012 and 12 Aug 2012 respectively.

It's uncertain at this point if the usual avenues like CD Japan and HMV Japan will be retailing these books. For now, the only confirmed site for overseas fans to buy the books without using a proxy service is Amazon Japan.

Update: You can currently order the book at either Amazon Japan or HMV Japan.

Tracklist after the cut.



TRACKLIST

sakanaction / SAKANA ENSEMBLE 2010-2011 (Release: 20120812)
01. YES NO
02. Aruku Around (アルクアラウンド)
03. Klee
04. Coelacanth to Boku (シーラカンスと僕)
05. Ashita kara (明日から)
06. Omotesando 26ji (表参道26時)
07. Holy Dance (ホーリーダンス)
08. Identity (アイデンティティ)
09. Monochrome Tokyo (モノクロトウキョー)
10. Rookie (ルーキー)
11. Kamen no Machi (仮面の街)
12. Endless (エンドレス)
13. Bach no Senritsu wo Yoru ni Kiita sei desu. (『バッハの旋律を夜に聴いたせいです。』)
14. Document (ドキュメント)
15. Boku to Hana *Bonus* (僕と花<ボーナス・スコア>)

sakanaction / SAKANA ENSEMBLE 2007-2009 (Release: 20120912)
01. Mikadzuki Sunset (三日月サンセット)
02. Inner World (インナーワールド)
03. Shiranami Topwater (白波トップウォーター)
04. Word (ワード)
05. Sample (サンプル)
06. Night Fishing is Good (ナイトフィッシングイズグッド)
07. Ame(B)
 08. Light Dance (ライトダンス)
09. Sentorei (セントレイ)
10. Native Dancer (ネイティブダンサー)
11. Namida Delight (涙ディライト)
12. Adventure (アドベンチャー)
13. Yoru no Odoriko *Bonus* (夜の踊り子<ボーナス・スコア>)

4 comments:

  1. There is an HMV listing now. It looks like Amazon gets the earliest release because HMV won't have it until the 20th.

    I think it's funny that Yoru no Odoriko was stuck with the classic songs. I guess it makes sense since it gives fans time to actually hear the song before they do a cover of it.

    Both of these releases are incredible, Sakanaction was overdue for band score books. Excellent choices for both, the only song that I feel is jarringly absent is Me ga Aku Aiiro. Especially since it was important enough to have its own PV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've updated the post. :)

    Yes, I have to agree that it's quite surprising Me ga Aku Aiiro was left out. I don't know them well enough to claim this, but my thoughts are that it was such an important/personal song to Yamaguchi (having spent 9 years creating the song), that he didn't want other people doing potentially bad covers of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, actually there's a cover of it on youtube, the copyband probably could have benefited from having the actual score.

    I figured it was because it would be easier to fit a song like Holy Dance, since it's the only B-side featured (I know it was on the album too, but then [years] is missing.) I just looked again and realized that Antares to Hari is missing too, darn. Ryuusen I understand leaving it off because it's kind of abstract.

    Maybe the fact that Sakanaction has several instrumental focused tracks on all of their albums is why they didn't do the normal band score release format of making one specifically for each album.

    In the red text under the songlist, does it mention that the band didn't personally select the tracks? http://natalie.mu/music/news/74229

    If so, I guess the label just picked the well known favorites that would fit without making the books super bulky. To be honest, as much as I love this band, I'd want everything, but I understand their choices.

    I'm ecstatic about Ashita kara, MonochroTokyo, Night Fishing is Good, and definitely Mikazuki Sunset because that started it all for me. I discovered them a bit before Aruku Around was released, and after seeing the PV... this fish band hooked me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I got hooked on the Aruku Around PV as well, although it was some months after it was released. :)

    Regarding the red text in the article, you're right. It's a correction put in by natalie.mu, because in the original article they had said it was selected by the band but that was wrong. So I guess there's no need to speculate on the choices heh.

    It's good to see people excited for this release! I'm happy about it too, but as I can't play any instruments, I'm unable to be as excited. x_x

    ReplyDelete