Tuesday, February 10, 2015

sakanaction's Analog and High-Resolution Audio Project

sakanaction has announced the beginning of a project to release all previously released albums in analog versions (vinyl records). To start it off, their first three albums "GO TO THE FUTURE", "NIGHT FISHING" and "Shinshiro" will be released in vinyl on March 25. Each will cost 4104 yen.

The project's aim is to "create a new story by reaffirming past songs together with listeners". Also, with the intention of wanting to make the first three albums easy to obtain, there will be a limited edition special-priced CD version, released the same time as the vinyl records. "GO TO THE FUTURE" will cost 1296 yen, "NIGHT FISHING" 1728 yen, and "Shinshiro" 2052 yen.

In addition to plans to release the analog versions of the remaining three albums "kikUUiki", "DocumentaLy" and "sakanaction", there is also a plan to digitally release the high-resolution audio versions of all six albums.

The vinyl records, special-priced CD, as well as high-resolution audio releases all feature remastered versions of the songs.

"GO TO THE FUTURE" LP Tracklist
SIDE A
1. Mikazuki Sunset
2. Inner World
SIDE B
3. Amefura
4. GO TO THE FUTURE
SIDE C
5. Fukurou
6. Kaika
SIDE D
7. Shiranami Topwater
8. Yoru no Higashigawa

"NIGHT FISHING" LP Tracklist
SIDE A
1. Word
2. Sample
3. Night Fishing is Good
SIDE B
4. Ame wa Kimagure
5. Malaysia32
6. Uneri
SIDE C
7. Teenage
8. Aishuu Train
SIDE D
9. Atarashii Sekai
10. Amsfish

"Shinshiro" LP Tracklist
SIDE A
1. Ame(B)
2. Light Dance
3. Sentorei
SIDE B
4. Native Dancer
5. minnanouta
6. Zattou
SIDE C
7. Kiiroi Kuruma
8. enough
9. Namida Delight
SIDE D
10. Adventure
11. human

I guess this is a sign they won't be releasing any new material for a while. With Kusakari's pregnancy, it can't be helped, so this is totally understandable.

10 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm currently planning on doing up Sakanaction's Wikipedia pages, but I'm missing a lot of liner notes info. Would you be able to help?


    I have a physical copy of Documentaly, but other than that only digital versions! Since I'm not in Hokkaido anymore I can't just rock up to Tsutaya and rent them like I used to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm actually one of the main editors who work on their wiki pages (or used to be), but have neglected the pages for a while now... :( Does every release have liner notes? I've never really looked through my collection. I can try to help but I don't have everything in physical either... I have DocumentaLy, GO TO THE FUTURE, sakanaction, Rookie, Yoru no Odoriko, Music, Sakanaquarium 2010, Sakanarchive 2007-2010 and Sakanaquarium 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the albums should, but sometimes singles are super skimpy and don't have anything (especially if they're the slimline type). I finished collating the research and did GTTF, and eventually I'll go chronologically forward through the albums/singles/promo tracks. GTTF/Sakanaction/Rookie/YnO/M would all be super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sorry it took a while! I checked out those you asked for but none of them came printed with any liner notes and most of these are limited edition versions :/ Sorry I don't think I can be of any help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh, interesting. I remember Documenaly definitely had notes on the recording/A&R staff/design team, etc. I guess I'll preorder the three re-releases, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think I mistook what you were asking for, I thought you meant like notes on each song, but if you want the staff it's printed in there. Give me a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, thanks! I've already put up the credits on the GTTF page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Glad to be of service. By the way, I forgot to mention I didn't find any credits printed on Music, probably something to do with it being a one-coin single... It only has a single piece of paper that unfolds to poster-size, with the lyrics scattered about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, sometimes the singles are weird like that. It's no big loss since the album was released two months later, but oh well!


    Ooh! I just thought, is your copy of Sakanaction one of the DVD/Blu-ray versions? There might be notes on the PV castings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine is the DVD version, yes, but that's all the staff notes that are there. Only the Blu-ray version comes with the PVs so likely the notes are with that... :(

    ReplyDelete